10/26/12

Flat Tire

Yesterday just was not a good day to start. It actually didn't get better until the second half of my day. Yesterday morning started out with me going to pick up Peaches from the vet after getting spayed. When I got home it was just UGH! Jake throwing away breakfast Steve discussing it with him and me getting upset b/c I hate aytime Jake gets in trouble ( can you see how he would get spoiled?). So that started an arguement with Steve. Our arguements are never nice or pretty and I'll leave it at that. We have come along way and only fight occasionally but everytime we do it's upsetting to us both. So around 11:30 I FINALLY decided to go into work. I should've been there around 8:30. HA! Get on highway get 7 miles away from the house and 3 miles away from work and POP! Rumble Rumble Rumble GREATTTTT flat tire. Now mind you my spare tire is sitting on my front porch ( great place for it isn't it?). I didn't even stress. Figured I'd call tow truck have them tow van to the house so I can change spare. No big deal. Mind made up I get out and start walking; did I mention my cell phone was dead? I walk for about 10 minutes when Michigan State Curtesy van pulls up and takes me home ( I LOVE THE MDOT project they help out EVERYBODY who is stranded on freeways). I get home call my dad just to see if I have to waste a tow ( i get them through the road side assistance program through All State) he says use the tow. I grumble. Then realize TIRE IS WITH ME... I AM 7 MILES AWAY FROM VAN. Still don't freak. I call Steve's mom she comes and gets me and the tire. I go sit at the van realize I have jack and tire lock in the back of van. I start to change my own tire ( yea I'm that awesome) and MDOT pulls up AGAIN and this time they change my tire for me. So during all this wait time... It's just me and Steve. I love this time together we get to spend every once in a while. We watched movies, worked on un clogging the kitchen sink ( 29$ later and it still barely moves water), dried some spices and just did around the house things with some bouncy bounce added in sporadically HEHEHEHEHE Yea buddy ;) Love Always, Nickie

2 comments:

  1. EXCUSE ME. I need you to teach me how to change my own tire. That is one thing I have no idea how to attempt. Sad huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it's not sad most women don't and normally when someone sees a female attempting to change their own tire they stop to help.. But honestly always make sure you have the spare tire a jack and the tire iron in the car. If your car tire has a lock nut on it (that means it needs a different style of lug nut tire iron) make sure you have that as well. Always put the jack under the metal frame in FRONT of the tire you are changing if its a back tire and behind the front tire. The jack seems hard to do but its not with the lever to pump it up (inert arnold joke here) make sure the tire is completely off the ground. try to have a 4 way tire iron cuz then u can use body weight to take lug nuts off. after all 4 are off take tire off. Put new tire on make sure its set all the way on. Tighten lug nuts let jack down and RETIGHTEN the lug nuts when its on the ground and woola! change your own tire :)

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket

This Is My Life
I love taking and sharing
pictures so there will
always be new pictures
posted on here!!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Boys

My Boys
My whole world in 1 picture

Our Boy

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket